Amanda practises a very gentle Japanese technique called Shonishin that is used on children and babies. It has been used in Japan since the 1300’s and is now becoming popular in the UK.
The treatment is incredibly gentle, it involves light stroking and gentle pressure with special tools over the back, arms and legs. The outcome is that the child’s vital energy becomes stronger. It improves their immune system and results in the child being a lot happier, physically stronger and more emotionally balanced.
Children absolutely love it, they find it very relaxing and parents gain confidence in the treatment by seeing fast results.
The Japanese view is that every child is born with a constitutional weakness. Once this weakness is strengthened, all of the related symptoms (eg, cough, over eating, poor eating, constant crying, poor sleep) begin to resolve.
Shonishin works by treating a wide range of issues for all age groups:
- Babies – Colic, excessive crying
- Toddlers – tantrums
- Digestive complaints – Indigestion, constipation, and diarrhoea
- Pre-School and school age – Poor concentration
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Allergies, asthma, and colds
- Ear infections – “glue ear”
- Night terrors
- Speech – delayed development, stuttering
The beauty of the Shonishin treatment is in its simplicity, gentleness, and effectiveness.